Schools and Universities
Air filtration in schools and universities is crucial to maintain a healthy and productive learning environment for students and teachers. The air filtration requirements may vary depending on the specific application, but in general, schools and universities require air filtration systems that can effectively remove airborne particles, allergens, and other contaminants.
Some of the air filtration requirements for schools and universities may include:
- Removal of particulate matter: Air filtration systems must be able to remove particulate matter, such as dust, pollen, and mold spores, from the air. This is especially important for students with allergies and respiratory issues.
- Removal of volatile organic compounds (VOCs): VOCs are emitted by various sources, including cleaning products, paints, and adhesives. These compounds can cause headaches, eye irritation, and other health issues. Air filtration systems with activated carbon filters can effectively remove VOCs from the air.
- Controlling humidity: High humidity levels can promote the growth of mold and mildew, which can cause respiratory issues. Air filtration systems can help control humidity levels by removing excess moisture from the air.
- Maintaining proper ventilation: Adequate ventilation is essential to ensure that fresh air is brought into the building and stale air is removed. This is important for controlling carbon dioxide levels and preventing the buildup of other indoor air pollutants.
- Regular maintenance: Air filtration systems must be regularly maintained and replaced to ensure that they are functioning properly and effectively removing contaminants from the air.
Overall, schools and universities require air filtration systems that can provide clean and healthy indoor air quality to support the health and wellbeing of students and staff. Colorado Air Filter has worked with the largest school districts and universities in Colorado for the past 20 years. Let us help assist with perfecting your Indoor Air Quality with a free Clean Air Check.
These best practice guidelines establish criteria for the removal of particulate and molecular contaminants for the improvement of indoor air quality and protection of HVAC equipment in K-12 schools. It serves to provide the facility managers with the necessary tools to make measurable differences to the operation of the HVAC systems in their campus through air filtration.
“Colorado Air Filter LLC always provides friendly, kind & thorough service ! Great pricing ! The entire front office & warehouse staff are truly amazing !!”
“Super-Tech is always friendly and easy to work with. Chanelle at the front is the Best! We can call or email our orders and they are ready at will call when we need them. We highly recommend Super-tech.”
“Great company to work with! We have used their services for many years. Easy to work with, personable & professional & decent pricing. They always go out of their way to assist!”